Mama Cleo´s Boys Home is a non-profit registered Christain group home for boys from 2 to 18 years of age in Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico. The home has been operating for over 12 years but the name was changed when the operations were taken over by Mama Cleo's son Alejandro and his wife Becky. The home has expanded because of the number of boys in need.
It is currently home to 24 boys operated by Mama Cleo's son Alex and his wife. Mama Cleo is the primary caregiver for the preschool boys ages 2 and 3 plus supervised the teenagers. They were gifted an old house with a large yard, however, they do not have electrical power, nor a fully functional water line, and they have an outdoor BBQ for their cooking. They have four bedrooms for the boys and their supporting parents. Hence the need for your support.
Their immediate priorities are:
- Establish an electrical feed (negotiations for line usage are underway) and installation of a powerline to the residence.
- Establish a new water connection with a water line from the local barrio about 1 km away. They also need to upgrade the septic system. Water is brought in by tanker for a cistern. Drinking water is brought in large bottles every other day.
- Build a covered outdoor kitchen with dining facilities. The boys currently eat sitting on a patio and a small brick retaining wall. Raining season is at the end of June, they need a roof now.
- Build a new structure to the current home for a living room, three new bedrooms with a shared bathroom, and a laundry room (current clothes are washed by hand).
- Create a playground for the younger children and a vegetable garden
- Build a new building with bedrooms for the teenagers and a caretaker´s suite for Mama Cleo. Six boys currently live off-site with Mama Cleo.
The children are grateful for all of the blessings that are afforded to them. Your donation will help them provide the necessities of life.