Wow! What an insane week of my life!
As I've said elsewhere, I want to thank Victoria Police for helping to raise the minimum budget so fast! We smashed through the $65,000 minimum budget just 48 hours after they came and arrested me, so I'll be giving them a 'thankyou' in the credits!
But also, thankyou to YOU! As things stand now we've raised over $72,000 from 800 donors! It's a wonderful vindication of my firm belief that we are NOT alone! There are MANY of us who are deeply concerned by all we've seen in the last 18 months and we want the world to know.
Because we've now met the minimum budget, I've increased the target to $100,000. To be clear, the minimum budget HAS been raised and the documentary IS going ahead! The increased target is provide me with more resources, so I can pay for more hours from my crew, my editor, my motion graphics team, and if we can raise even MORE than $100,000 then I'll start to have budget for marketing and promoting the documentary after it is released, to MAXIMISE its impact.
In terms of the project itself, my research team continues to work hard, they have a deadline of Friday the 22nd to deliver to me a comprehensive timeline of events, grouped into various themes (corruption, protest, media manipulation, and the list goes on) so that I can then sit down with that comprehensive timeline for a few days and craft the narrative, the exact story, that we will be telling.
Once that is done we will be moving quickly into the next phase of the project, the interviews! We'll be interviewing key people that have been in the thick of the battle for our beloved city, as well as people who have been in the background and working hard in the shadows, to hear their stories and get inside their heads as they tell the story of Battleground Melbourne.
That's where we're up to, please keep spreading the word far and wide, and thankyou so much for your support!
Hi supporters, thankyou so much for your amazing support. We have some great news, this project is going ahead!
After raising nearly 40% of the budget in just the first week, Topher has made the call that we're going into production effective immediately, and we're trusting that the rest of the support will come through as things progress and more people find out about Battleground Melbourne.
This ensures that we don't waste time 'waiting' for the budget to be raised, so it means we can spend more weeks on the project and be more likely to be able to release it prior to Christmas 2021!
But we need to keep spreading the word and encouraging new people to support Battleground Melbourne! Nearly 40% is amazing, but that leaves us with 60% to go! And the sooner we can raise the remaining budget, the sooner Topher can forget about the fundraising and pour all of his energy and focus into making the documentary absolutely amazing.
So please help us by continuing to spread the word! Thankyou for your support, we can't wait to share with you our progress as we get to work creating Battleground Melbourne!
All the best, and thanks again, from Topher and the Battleground Melbourne Team.
Wow, thankyou all so much! We hit 23% of our MINIMUM budget in the first 24 hours of the fundraiser!
That's amazing and I'm so grateful to everyone who helped make that happen.
But now the hard-yards begin! The first 24 hours were always going to be the biggest, so now we need to keep this momentum going and spread the word to more and more and MORE people, with the aim of reaching the minimum goal ($65,000) within a week!
I REALLY don't want to be worrying about fundraising while I'm trying to make this documentary! It'll take time and focus away from what I really need to be doing, which is making this documentary the absolute best it can be.
You can help me do that by not only supporting the fundraiser (and thankyou to those who already have!) but also by spreading the word! If YOU can take care of the fundraising for me, then I can focus on producing a documentary that will really have an impact.
So thankyou so much to everyone who has helped, it's been a GREAT first 24 hours, but now the REAL work begins.
Thankyou in advance for doing everything you can to help this project achieve its minimum goal ASAP!