I write to ask your support for a father, friend, and standout U.S. Army veteran who finds himself facing the full force of the United States government after years of dedicated and distinguished service to his country. Joseph Randall Biggs has been held without bail for 10 months in the Seminole County jail in Sanford, Florida. Joseph Biggs hasn’t been convicted of any crimes. He has no criminal record. At Seminole’s jail since April 22, 2021, he has been threatened, had poor medical care for follow-ups on injuries he sustained stationed abroad, and had no real ability to review massive amounts of evidence to prepare for his upcoming January 6 trial.
Timothy Kelly is the federal judge presiding in Biggs’ trial who 10 months ago unexpectedly revoked Biggs’ home release and ordered Biggs to pretrial detention. Recently, Judge Kelly ordered Biggs be transported to the nationally infamous DC Jail.
Let me tell more about the life of Joseph Biggs:
· Retired United States Army Staff Sergeant.
· Earned a Purple Heart.
· Served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan (full year in both)
· In 2010, as a civilian, planned and carried out rescue missions in Haiti after the earthquake
· Similar rescue missions in Texas after Hurricane Harvey
· Similar rescue missions in Haiti after Hurricane Matthew
· Public figure (appearing in “Dan Rather Reports,” Men’s Journal, Outdoors, Rolling Stone, other documentaries, other magazines)
· Trained and lifelong EMT.
Moved to Florida in 2018 to care for his mother, a cancer patient.
· Loving father of a pre-K aged daughter.
Biggs committed no violence on January 6th.
He didn’t threaten anyone. He didn’t “storm” anything. He didn’t encourage
aggression. He didn’t even raise his voice.
THIS IS A PLEA FOR HELP. This is not political. This is about helping a veteran fight against the government he dedicated his life to defend. Joe, and his family need your help to cover all costs related to him being locked up for the last 10 months. And it isn't even close to being over yet, as this case is currently not scheduled to go to trial until May 18, 2022.