I would like to share some exciting news with you! A few weeks ago, I filed the paperwork to run for elected office. Yes, I am now officially a candidate for the Iredell-Statesville School Board, District 5 (my county school board). Recently, several area groups and individuals approached me to run for the school board and after considerable thought, reflection and prayer, I have agreed to do so.
Here is why I am running:
• Many parents do not believe that schools are truly focused on delivering the highest quality educational experience for their children that: 1) meets or exceeds all academic proficiency requirements; 2) sufficiently prepares them for college, or to enter a trade or other professional certification program, business (as an entrepreneur) or the armed forces; and 3) develops the level of citizenship and social skills needed for them to grow into our nation’s next generation of leaders.
• School boards and schools across the country often appear to act not in the best interest of the students and families: students are subjected to social engineering, and parents feel that their parental rights are being ignored and trampled upon and that they are not being listened to.
• Schools and school boards are not being held accountable for delivering the highest quality education for our students.
As a school board member, I commit to:
• Serve the needs of students, parents and families FIRST!
• Deliver the highest quality educational experience for our students.
• Restore the rights of parents in determining what is taught.
• Drive open communication and transparency from school staff and the board.
• Demand accountability from school staff in delivering educational achievement.
Naturally, the campaign will need to raise money for campaign materials, social media, advertising and other various expenses. Would you be willing to make a small donation? I would greatly appreciate any support you would be able to give. $10, $20, $50…. No amount is too small!
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding my campaign. I feel very passionately about the quality of our children’s education and I would be more than happy to speak to you about any concerns you may have.
Thank you very much for your consideration.
Candidate for Iredell-Statesville School Board District #5