On Friday March 17, the Cole family lived a parents worst nightmare. Their young, healthy vibrant son Callum was unresponsive after taking a nap trying to shake what the doctor called a viral bug. Callum was flown to TMC and placed on life support in the ICU, where it was found that he was an undiagnosed diabetic, and in an extremely serious condition.
After 5 days at TMC the doctors decided it was in Callum’s best interest to Air Evac him up to Phoenix Childrens Hospital. Where he is now being cared for. While Callum is making strides in the correct direction (Thank you God!) he has a long Journey in front of him.
The Cole family are the kindest people who would give the shirt off their back to anyone. If you could please join us in praying for Callum’s continued healing, and if you would like to join us in donating to the Cole family to help cover medical expenses during this time, it would be so very much appreciated.
Update #16 April 17, 2023
Thank you God!!!!Callum was released to go home last night Praise God! What a journey this has been- the Cole’s are beyond appreciative for all the love, prayers and support. Callum’s incredible strength and fight! Please continue to pray for healing and progress as they venture home and get settled. Please pray that Callum will continue gain strength, and being home will be the utmost comfort for him. We will continue to kept you posted as they settle in. Please pray for continued healing. Thank you everyone and thank you, God! 🙏🏼
Update #15 April 12, 2023
Good Morning,Just a little update, not much to report, Callum is doing better little by little, so we’ll take it! He’s tolerating his feeds via his feeding tube better , which is a relief. He was very nauseous and was vomiting before. He does try to eat some, but everything is tasting very awful, even the foods he craves. He did rest better last night than he had the night before. He is working with OT and PT, trying to regain strength and awaken his body. He is so strong and works so hard. They still do not have the results from the spinal tap. Very frustrating. And they continue to work towards inpatient rehabilitation. Prayers that that situation evolves in perfect timing.Continue praying! We know Brent and Michelle are beyond grateful for all the love and prayers. They have expressed the comfort it gives them and the power it’s had! Thank you! Keep fighting Callum!!!
Update #14 April 11, 2023
Thankful for continued improvement for Callum. Brent and Michelle are so positive and celebrate all of Callum’s triumphs and achievements. Having Rowan there for Easter was so wonderful. We know it’s not easy to share the hard times, especially, when there are triumphs to celebrate. We just want to be sure we communicate that while there are amazing moments and progress is being made, there are also many challenges and obstacles that Callum faces by the hour. There continues to be unknowns and uncertainty, please pray that in the midst of this shakey ground, that God continues to heal and strength Callum. That He equips the staff with wisdom and conviction for The perfect treatment plan. For the staff to unite and communicate with one another clearly and concisely. For the utmost care for Callum. There is a lot to figure out, so thank you for all the prayers and support.We love you, Callum 💖
Update #13 April 9, 2023
What a beautiful day today is! Happy Easter, everyone! God is so good!!!
Callum had a much better night with less interruptions being out of ICU. He is making such great strides. Talking more and getting stronger. He asked for Cheetos, of which they are still waiting for doctor’s approval 🤣
The best news yet, is that Rowan was able to see Callum today! Michelle brought Callum down to the kids zone and Rowan “happened” to be there. What a sweet reunion. Michelle said Callum does so much better with Rowan 💗 what a day of celebration 🎉
Update #12 April 9, 2023
Callum has been moved out of the ICU!!!! Go Callum Go!!! 💪♥️💪♥️💪
Update #11 April 6, 2023
Callum’s spinal tap went as planned. He did well and was done about 12:30. Yesterday afternoon they brought in a dog and that made him happy 😊
He’s still sleeping most of the time. They will continue the same treatment plan until they get the results from the spinal tap. Pray for those results to come back quicker than the 1 week time frame they had given them. He had his favorite nurse last night and that always provides the most comfort for both Callum and Brent/Michelle. Pray that today Callum makes huge strides!
Update #10 April 6, 2023
Callum is going in for a spinal tap today. Please pray for comfort and pain control.
They informed Michelle and Brent they may not have results for up to a week. Please pray that’s not the case and that they can get some answers quickly so they are able to get Callum the treatment he needs asap.
Update #9 April 6, 2023
Good Morning. Neuro came by yesterday. They want to do a spinal fluid test because they think he may have different autoimmune disorder that’s causing the swelling in his brain. They are waiting through today to see if any improvements happen before performing it. If that’s the case, they would change his treatment plan. We lift Callum up in prayer today, that today he will turn that corner and huge improvements will be made 🙏🏼
Update #8 April 4, 2023
Callum got his MRI today. They said it appears his swelling is about the same as last time. They will be looking at the MRI more closely and make a plan. They will let Brent and Michelle know on the morning.
He keeps pulling out his feeding tube, which shows us how much he is fighting. But it’s also very disruptive and frustrating to put back in. He becomes very agitated and upset. Pray he can relax and leave it alone so that he can sleep.
Lord, please bring continued healing to Callum. Bring wisdom for the doctors and staff. Comfort and assurance to Brent and Michelle. We pray his body is becoming stronger and stronger. Keep Fighting Callum!
Update #7 March 30, 2023
Quick update: Seizures have stopped! Praise God! Pray that continues. His kidneys are doing better. Another praise!!
There are medications they want to give him for pain (his brain still has swelling) but they can’t because of his kidneys so please continue to pray for forward progress. We are celebrating the steps forward today.💗
Update #6 March 30, 2023
Today has been a roller coaster for the Cole’s. It’s taken some time for the doctors to figure out what’s going on. Callum experienced some severe headaches a couple days ago, accompanied by confusion and becoming less and less communicative. A CT scan revealed swelling on the brain. His blood pressure is also high. The Neurologist expressed that he needs rest and was hopeful he’d turn around. This morning Callum started to have seizures. They had to get the seizures under control before they could perform an MRI. MRI was performed, and they had given Brent and Michelle misinformation surrounding the results, it was heartbreaking. Thankfully, they came back in with corrected information. Callum is experiencing PRES. Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome. And while this is also a very fragile state, and needs to be handled with the upmost care, it was better news than the one delivered earlier. This has been an absolute rollercoaster for the Cole family. Please lift them up tonight, that God will calm Callum’s swelling, restore normal blood pressure and rid him of the seizures. He does have a fever so please pray for no infection. Prayers for a peaceful night of rest and for forward steps from here on out.
Now for positive news…Callum’s kidneys are doing so much better! His creatine numbers are at 1.45! 🙌🏻
And he is fighting!! We know how tough Callum is, so let’s go, Callum!
Update #5 March 27, 2023
Please pray…Michelle called. There is swelling on his brain. 💔They are moving him back to ICU. She and Brent are extremely worried and fragile, of course. And I know we will all continue to pray fervently. Lord, please, we beg you! Heal Callum. Wrap your arms around Brent and Michelle. Comfort and guide them. Strengthen Callum and restore his health, Lord. We ask you all these things in your name, Amen.
Update #4 March 26, 2023
Michelle texted that Callum is being moved out of ICU!!! He will remain at PCH but he is definitely moving in the correct direction!!!
Go Callum, Go💪💪💪 Praise God!!!
Update #3 March 26, 2023
Brent said Callum is really improving in a few areas. He is a hungry boy, and the doctors let him eat whatever he wanted. He chose Canes chicken!
He is more alert, and has expressed that he’d really like to go to the hotel and swim. His blood pressure is much better and they are slowly taking him off the lasix.
Here’s what we need to continue to pray for, his kidneys to work, and keeping nutrients down.
His kidneys are still not working, so the Doctors are giving him the weekend to make a turn around. If not they will start dialysis. 🙏🏼
Meanwhile, we are celebrating the blessings! And we continue to pray for comfort for the entire family.
Update #2 March 24, 2023
Michelle said that Callum is still pretty lethargic but is talking some and a bit confused.
They put a pic line in. It’s possible they will use it for feeding as well as other things. They are planning to take the central line out of his neck.
He did say he really wanted street tacos, and was disappointed that they didn’t get them. Sweet boy! Praising God that he has an appetite!
Update #1 March 24, 2023
Praise God Callum is off the ventilator! He told his Mama that he loves her. Is alert and answering questions. He took a few sips of apple juice. Praying for all levels in his body to stabilize, and for all organs to work and function as God created them to.
💪🏼Let’s Go Callum!
Click the Pray button to let the campaign owner know you are praying for them.