Hello! Our names are Keelyn and Ethan Thompson, welcome to our page and story!
Though life has been quite the adventure already recently, this summer has been a whirlwind - the two of us got married and shipped out from Pittsburgh PA, USA to Stockholm, Sweden!
Sweden?! But why?
- The two of us are in Stockholm studying with Mission SOS Bible School and Leadership Academy, and have begun ministry together! Over the course of the past few years God has made both of our hearts swell for those who have not heard the gospel of Jesus around the Earth. In all of this we have had opportunity to travel to numerous countries, see the genuine human needs / need for the gospel, and reach those around the world and in our own community. Our hearts long to be involved in missions. We've been ruined for the ordinary!
The moment we heard about the school in Sweden about a year and half ago something jumped in us, as life moved forward for us individually, we both felt this is what was God's next step was for us both - To get far out of what was comforatable, and devote this next year to pushing ourselves more than ever before and having God use us as He will while studying and practicing ministry, missions, and so much more in Europe. Would it be easier to find an alternative education and ministry a few thousand miles closer to home? Yes, it would. But that's not the promise we have and what we're called to now! We're taking this step on fullhearted faith, knowing God is in this and showing up in every aspect to carry us on this path. We're ready and want to be pushed, we're all in.
Okay... What's this Bible School and Leadership academy stuff all about?
- Simply put in their own words, it's all about "Living the book of Acts" or leaving behind all factors of what we look at today as normal, conventional, and comforatable, and picking up our cross to lead a radical, faith filled and adventure of a life for Christ just like the apostles did in the book of Acts! Acts doesn't have a "definite" ending because it continues today with us!
In this 9 month program, the teaching will cover a vast amount that includes:
- Christian theology and strong biblical teaching, practical ministry, missions among the unreached, planting churches, doing pioneer work, becoming spiritual leaders, living the book of Acts, and much more being imparted to us through these months.
- Also while there, we'll be plugged into the local church movement and ministry in Stockholm, and serve / intern under a church leader to have thinhs imparted to us from their experience.
Mission SOS is an amazing organization that puts on massive "Signs and Wonders" festivals throughout Africa and Asia, where thousands and thousands of people who have no knowledge of Jesus are told the good news and make desions to follow Him - Many are healed and demons are casted out at every festival as the gospel comes onto the scene! At the end of the school year in Sweden we will then be going to Africa for a few weeks to participate and serve in one of these life changing events.
Cool! What can I do? Where do I come in?
YOU are a huge part on helping us embark on this adventure!
Our first and biggest request is prayer. This thing won't happen without people interceding for us, we believe this is where the mountains will be moved. At the forefront this is what we would love to partner on. We know we have some prayer warriors out there, we need you now! We appreciate this beyond words.
- Prayers for our safety, provision in this journey, ears to hear God's will and us to be eager and trusting to follow, our schooling, boldness, adjusting to this new lifestyle and culture, favor and direction, etc...
Besides this, we also need your help funding and raising money for this opportunity!
- Funds to equip us to learn and participate in missions work, get to Sweden and travel, living, and other expenses.
While we saved up every spare penny before we left, we will not likely have a steady income during our time overseas. As you can assume, all this financial buildup is a lot to process and rationally look at, but we know who our God is and who is bringing us through!
So, with a servants heart, we're asking if you would consider partnering with us? Partnering with us in something that goes far beyond ouselves, something more grand then we can comprehend.
The dollars and seeds you sow will help us directly to learn more about and be involved in an eclectic and growing ministry overseas, to see more of God's plan for ourselves and others, and you will firsthand equip us to be sent out and do our part in the great commission! YOU too will get to be a part of something bigger, as lives are changed and the gospel is communicated to those in Europe because of your donation. YOU will be part of what God is doing in over Stockholm, Sweden.
The entrusting of your prayers and financial gifts mean so much to the two of us, thank you for partnering and investing into our lives and ministry. We can't do this without you! For this opportunity, we are beyond grateful and blessed, and we are the same to be blessed by you! THANK YOU! (We're trying to figure out the best way to convey our massive thanks over screen, there isn't too many options so caps will do for now.)
In our travels and leading up to, we will be sending out updates to our journey to keep you in the loop, we want you to see firsthand what is happening and what you are doing through our eyes!
We are beyond excited for this new season of life. It certainly won't be boring. We are so so grateful once again, and blessed to be where we are and where we are heading. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read our story, we hope you were able to grasp a piece of our heart in these words. Let's do this!
- God Bless!
Ethan and Keely :)
If there is any questions or anything we can answer, feel free to reach out to us! We are eager to hear and answer.
Here is a link to the school's webpage!