My parents, Ginger and Ben (I call them mom and dad), named me Judah for several reasons:
1. In Hebrew, Judah means Praise. A reminder that the Lord is worthy of Praise ALWAYS! In and through everything! Especially with how God is displaying His glory and healing in my life ALREADY!
2. Also, in the Bible, Judah was the 4th born to Jacob. I am the 4th born in my family too. I have 3 older sisters: Payton, Kinley, and Skylar. Skylar is already up in heaven, playing and running around with Jesus and the other little kids. One day I'll get to meet her, and I am already thanking God for that eternal promise. I just hope I can run faster than her. :)
Ok, back to me and my specific story.
These verses have brought my family and I so much hope with everything that has been going on with me:
- "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you." Isaiah 43: 2
- "The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to rescue each time." Psalm 34:19
Trusting in the Lord that He had me, and my life, I was carried full term, and my mom delivered me on September 20th at 9:09am. Weighing a solid 8 lbs., 8 oz. and 21 inches long.
On Tuesday, September 26th, when I was only 6 days old, I had an open heart surgery to correct my valves that lasted 7 hours. Again, Praise Jesus for giving doctors and nurses the ability to perform these surgeries. I had no idea what was going on, but I knew God was close. They were going to work on my lung too, but didn't want to jeopardize me or my heart by moving things around, so I'll have to go back up to Madison to have that surgery on my lung on a future day.
Guys! I am praising Jesus for healing me through that surgery! He has big things in store for me and my family's lives! Also, I've been told I am an overcomer and strong through Him, but guys, my parents and sisters are too! Seeing them and how they are loving, caring, and praying for me, has made all the difference. So grateful God handpicked them to be my family!
After spending 13 days at the American Family Children's Hospital, I am home! I still have a road to recovery in store; which entails me having to go to the doctor every once in a while, and I still need to have my lung looked at, and probably surgery on that too. I'll keep you all posted.
I like being at home rather than that hospital; although everyone there was so nice. At home I can watch what my sisters are doing, and I love snuggling with mom and dad.
I don't know too much about money yet (I heard my dad say something about getting an allowance) but I know the doctor bills are starting to come in, and I hate that they are, and my parents have to pay them all.
I have a couple praises and prayer requests:
- God is good!
- God is good at being God!
- God is good to me!
- For the family I was born into. I love my mom, dad, and sisters already.
- For having that doctor fix my heart.
- For being at home and not at the hospital any longer. I didn't like all those tubes wrapped around me.
- Would you partner with my family and I in prayer for my complete healing? In specific my heart and lung.
- Would you partner with my family and I financially for the care my mom and I have received since I was about 20 weeks old? Including the 13 days in the hospital, the heart surgery I had, and even the possible lung surgery that is ahead.
Going back to Praise, I praise God that we have Him. That nothing is too big or difficult for Him, and for His healing of my life. Also, praise God for the community and support my family and I have through you!
Thank you for reading my story, and for all the prayers and support. You all are awesome!
Judah Benjamin Carter
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21