Christ Church in Cary, North Carolina has been praying for many years for the Lord to give us a permanent home and allow us to build a church sanctuary that will serve as a center of faithful worship for many generations.
This year the Lord has directed us to a beautiful seven-acre property in a booming part of our city.
The elders and deacons of Christ Church have put a goal before the congregation to raise $100,000 to add to our building fund. It is certainly our responsibility to be faithful and to pay our own way. But we are also working to raise a considerable amount in a short time period. (We have set this online goal at only $50,000 with the prayer and expectation that our congregation can meet at least the other half of our goal.)
It may be that the Lord would bless us from other places if we would only ask, and so we set up this site with the hope that our friends and family members around the country might be inclined to help us with this goal.
We have a sense of urgency about closing on this property, and to begin construction on a new sanctuary, because the last Sunday of November, 2017 will be the last time we worship in our present space. Christ Church is losing the lease on the office building where we have worshipped for the last five years. The Lord has blessed us with a short-term solution for Sunday morning worship after November, but our customary schedule of ministry and fellowship opportunities will be severely limited until our new space is completed.
If you have taken the time to read this please pray that the Lord would establish Christ Church and give her a permanent home so that she can be a multi-generational witness to the love of the Lord Jesus to our community. If you are moved to help us reach our financial goal, we are immensely grateful for your donation and we pledge to be faithful with the funds we raise.
Some facts about our community:
- The Raleigh – Durham – Chapel Hill metro area has over 2,000,000 residents and is expected to double in the next two decades.
- Our county is presently growing at a rate of 64 people a day.
- The city of Raleigh and nearby towns of Holly Springs and Apex are continually ranked by several publications as the best places to live and the best places to raise a family in America.
- 13% of our population has moved here from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- We have three top-tier research universities, Duke University, North Carolina State and the University of North Carolina, in addition to twenty-three smaller colleges and universities which bring people from all over the country and world to our area.
God is clearly bringing the whole world to our doorstep. Please pray with us that He would establish Christ Church on a firm foundation and use her to reach the nations.
If you would like to learn more about Christ Church North Carolina visit our website at https://www.givesendgo.com/christchurchnc