Ever since getting out of the military I have been struggling to figure out what my purpose was, and what I was doing to make life better for people. I recently started going to a church that I now consider my family. A few Sunday's ago we had some young ladies that were involved with CIY during the summer. They came back with a prayer challenge. They were supposed to set up 27 hours of prayer for the estimated 27 million enslaved people in the world.
During this 27 hours they showed a video about Rapha House. It really hit me hard after seeing this video. I have since had a stirring in my heart to help with the organization. I have been praying about it and ways that I might be able to help. I found out the our church actually is going on a mission trip to Cambodia, to help support the Rapha House on a medical mission. I applied and prayed about it, and God let me know that this is what I need to do and this is where I can help. I got accepted for the trip yesterday and I feel so blessed and honored to be going on this mission trip to help out these young girls.
Now I just need help from people who would also feel like God is calling them to help out in some way. I put my goal at $3000 for the cost of the trip to go out there. Anything that I raise over this amount I will be donating straight to Rapha House, which is right out of Joplin, MO. If you would like to learn more about this wonderful information please visit their website https://raphahouse.org/
If a donation is not something that you can help with please help with prayers for this journey and for all of these young ladies. Below is a list of things that you can pray about. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my request and thank you so much for the prayers.
Weekly Prayer Guide
Sunday – Research the Issue
• Begin researching things like child trafficking, verses about Biblical justice, and different cultures. Researching can help grow your passion for the topic, individual or cause that you are praying about. It helps us pray more specifically and allows God to change us through the information we encounter.
Monday - Pray for the Battle
• Pray for those who are fighting against child trafficking. Find out more about Rapha House, and find out more about organizations we partner with to rescue children.
• Pray for more to join the fight against sex trafficking.
Tuesday- Pray for our Staff
• Pray for our many staff members. Our staff is constant need of energy from heaven to continue doing what they do. They need wisdom, compassion and love that does not originate from anywhere on the earth.
• Pray the fruits of the Spirit to be evident in their lives.
• Pray also about how you can be part of the solution as well. How can you be a voice? Pray for God to show you how He wants you to respond.
Wednesday – Pray for the girls in our care
• Pray that the walls that have been put up can be torn down.
• Pray that they will allow God to pick up the broken pieces of their heart and mend them.
• Pray they will find hope with Jesus.
Thursday – Pray for Prevention
• Pray for families in at risk situations. Pray that the children will remain safe.
• Pray that our staff will be able to make long lasting impacts on their families.
• Pray that our social workers can see who is in need and at risk.
Friday - Pray for freedom
• Let us make every Friday a freedom Friday.
• Pray for those still in slavery that they may become free!
• Also pray for their traffickers that they may find Jesus and repent. As long as God is not in their hearts, trafficking will always be a temptation for them.
• In this freedom Friday, we also want to pray for more freedom fighters! We believe that Rapha House is partnering with God in the fight against the slave trade. We need to be in prayer that more people answer the call to be a freedom fighter!
Saturday – Be Thankful
• Spend the day, thanking God for the miracles He has been performing through Rapha House. We always want to be in thanks to our God for the great things He is doing.
• Thank God for stifling your heart with passion for something that He is doing
• Thank God for the workers in the field of awareness, prevention and rehabilitation.
Tips for a More Effective Prayer Life
Many people have trouble finding time to pray, or feel weird about it. Many just don’t know where prayer fits into the grind of everyday life. Still, it does not give us an excuse to avoid praying altogether. Here are some quick tips on how to keep your prayer life both effective and stimulating.
• Remind yourself and make it a priority
o It has to make sense to you and be convenient. A great way to remind yourself to pray is to set an alarm on your phone’s calendar. For some people, a sticky note on the mirror or a magnet on the fridge is the best reminder. Our calendar shows our priorities. If prayer life is important, schedule it and stick to it. Reminding ourselves will increase the frequency of our prayer life.
• Pray brief prayers throughout the day
o In Matthew 6:5-15, Jesus calls out the religious leaders for their long-winded prayers. Prayer doesn’t have to take a long time. Just tell God briefly what is going on. By praying little prayers throughout the day, you can pray continually.
• Share your prayers
o Sharing about your prayers (so long as it is not gossip) can increase the frequency of your prayers. It can also invite others to pray for organizations like Rapha House and help jump start a friend’s prayer life.
• Ask God for help, then listen
o Ask God to help you grow in your prayer life. Listen to the Spirit of God while you are praying and ask God to show you things as you seek His answers.
• Pray big and follow up
o When you pray for someone, ask them how that is working out. When you pray for Rapha House, stay tuned in to find out the result. How many miracles have we missed out on because we failed to follow up.
• Just do it
o Praying continually seems like a difficult task. However, we hope that these few tips will help your prayer life grow and that you can become a lifelong prayer warrior with Rapha House! Thank you!